Manhattan Arts International has been presenting “HerStory” online exhibitions since 2000. The “HerStory 2017” exhibition featured 63 Award of Excellence winners, and ran from April 27 – June 27, 2017. For centuries women artists have inspired, enlightened and informed us with their enormous talent, vision and commitment. Many have served as creative trailblazers. Unfortunately, their contributions have gone under-recognized.
Manhattan Arts International provides a venue for outstanding yet under-recognized artists from around the world We won’t stop presenting “HerStory” exhibitions until there is a fair and equal balance of women artists represented by art museums, galleries, art book publishers, major private and public collections, auction houses, and the media.
We received more than 1,000 wonderful jpeg images, making the curatorial process extremely challenging for me. I am grateful to all of the artists who entered this competition and congratulate all of the selected artists and Special Recognition Award-winners.
Manhattan Arts International Special Awards
Six artists received Special Recognition Art Awards from Manhattan Arts International in the HERStory 2017 exhibition. they included cash awards, featured artist awards, publicity and coaching services.
First row: Art by Denisa Prochazka, Lis Zadravec, and Kari Bienert.
Second row: Art by Rosanne Wolfe, Karen Hackenberg, and Ann Cheeks.
Here is a video that features some of the exhibiting women artists from HerStory 2017.
Special Recognition Awards From Guest Panelists
We are extremely grateful to have had the participation of five outstanding Art Award Panelists in the Manhattan Arts International HerStory 2017 exhibition.
Shown above, in alphabetical order, they are:
* Carolyn Edlund, the founder of Artsy Shark, “Inspiring Artists To Build Better Businesses”, and executive director of the Art Business Institute
* Karen Gutfreund: artist and a curator of feminist exhibitions in museums and other venues, and a partner at GutfreundCornett: “Changing The World Through Art”
* Jill Pankey: Manhattan Arts International award-winning artist, and former Senior Lecturer at Texas State University, School of Art & Design
* Nancy Reyner: multiple award-winning artist member of Manhattan Arts International, author of several art books, and instructor
* Bren Sibilsky: internationally award-winning sculptor, instructor and and founder of Algoma Atelier of Sculpture and Art in Wisconsin.
Special Thanks to
Professional Artist magazine www.professionalartistmag.com
International Sculpture Center www.sculpture.org
Artsy Shark www.artsyshark.com